Makocraft aluminium boats are warranted for thirty six (36) calendar months (3 years) after the boat has been sold by our dealer for the first time. Our liability for Makocraft boats is limited to making good any defects by repairing the same or at our option by replacement, in a period not exceeding the warranty period. Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. Provided that:
SPECIAL PROVISIONS REQUIRE THAT:
- The boat must be maintained and used in accordance with the Boat Capacity Plate and necessary Maintenance Directions attached to the boat.
- The Boat has not been damaged by misuse, accident, neglect or used for competitive purposes.
- The Boat and/or outboard must not have been modified, altered or operated outside safe boating practices or the limits of the design specifications.
- Makocraft Australia Pty Ltd shall not be liable for consequential loss of any kind arising out of the supply or operation of the boats.
- The warranty does not cover any consequential expenses beyond the warranty repair of the boat itself, e.g. Freighting.
- Paint is warranted against defective paint or application, NOT against the normal effect of wear and tear, oxidisation, fuel or solvents damage or dissimilar metals. Oxidisation has the potential to bubble the paint finish. Surface contaminates can cause oxidisation if not removed from the vessel.
- The timber and carpet floors warranty is limited to installation for a period of 12 months and does not cover the effects of weathering or wear and tear.
- Windscreen/windshield breakage and leakage around windscreens/windshields or other designed openings are not covered under warranty.
- All items fitted to a Makocraft Boat which are not manufactured by Makocraft Boats will be applicable to their own warranty as implied by the manufacture of the product.
- Makocraft Australia Pty Ltd will NOT warrant boats, which have been improperly trailed. E.g. wobble/ multi roller trailers and off road use. Incorrect or insufficient tie down from vessel to trailer, no engine support through an engine support bracket.
- Fitting of wedges and anti-ventilation plate foils could void the warranty. (Refer to special provisions No. 3)
- Work agreed to be repaired by Makocraft will be done ex-factory, and freighting cost to and from the factory will be the purchaser’s responsibility NOT Makocraft Australia Pty Ltd, however for regional dealers a value equivalent to cost done ex-factory can be made available on special request. The warranty does not cover items replaced during normal service and maintenance operations which are subject to wear. These arrangements apply regardless of any change in ownership during the period covered.
- All warranties and conditions implied under the Trade Practices Act, including as to one of merchantable quality, are not excluded by this warranty except that Makocraft limits it liability for breach to:(a) the replacement of the boat or products; or(b) the repair of the boat or products,
- At Makocraft’s option, with all freighting costs to be the purchaser’s responsibility.
- The above warranty is in lieu of any and all warranties expressed or implied, conferred by statute or otherwise and is the only warranty given Makocraft Australia Pty Ltd on the boat or any part thereof. Any such warranties under the Sale Of Goods Act are expressly excluded.
As possible commercial applications and the conditions of usage vary so much, and as success depends on the capability of the user, Makocraft Australia Pty Ltd. cannot warrant boats used commercially (except at our total discretion) or warrant that Makocraft are suitable for any particular commercial application. In this regard the purchaser must satisfy themself.
The contents of our brochure and or website, excluding Warranty and Warranty Special provisions, will not form part of any contractual agreement. Makocraft Australia Pty Ltd recommends all persons comply with their local boating regulations and are familiar with safe boating practices.
Due to Makocraft Australia Pty Ltd commitment to continually improve our products, we reserve the right to modify and or change without notice, any design, materials, specifications, equipment and/or accessories. Because of variations which occur in manufacture and supply of products, all capacities, measurements, dimensions and weights quoted should only be taken as approximate only and are subject to change, all paint colours and trim depicted are as close as the reproduction process allows and Makocraft Australia Pty Ltd reserves the right to discontinue or change equipment, paint colours and trim with out notice.
Important – Please note, whilst the utmost care will be taken, normally painted models ordered as unpainted will show welds,construction marks and blemishes due to the nature of the construction process.